For Thanksgiving, I decided to open a box of Upper Deck Be A Player 2008-2009.
This box was very interesting, as it guaranteed an autographed card to be inside. Considering I purchased it for a very low price, I didn’t expect the autograph to be anything special. All the good autos from this set have probably already been claimed, now that it has been on the market for a few years.
Regardless, I opened it anyway.
Of all the players in the NHL, I laughed when I got Andrew Peters as the autograph card. The short-term enforcer for the Sabres made a 3 minute impact on the games he dressed in, almost fighting in each of the games. I was happy to get a Sabres player as the autograph though. It could have just as easily been a short-term, low-value enforcer from some other team.
This was a fun box to break. For the low price I paid to get it, it was worth it.
Here’s what I got:
- #13 Patrice Bergeron, Boston Bruins
- #31 Rene Bourque, Calgary Flames
- #38 Patrick Kane, Chicago Blackhawks
- #71 Sheldon Souray, Edmonton Oilers
- #96 Andrei Kostitsyn, Montreal Canadians
- #123 Daniel Alfredsson, Ottawa Senators
- #135 Shane Doan, Phoenix Coyotes
- #160 Martin St. Louis, Tampa Bay Lightning
- #177 Nicklas Backstrom, Washington Capitals
Be A Player Signatures:
- S-AP Andrew Peters, Buffalo Sabres
Onward to a new box!